Last Updated On: by
When it comes to data security, there should be no compromise; especially private data that can be used to cause damages if in the wrong hands. A lot of solutions have been made to ensure that Snoopy third parties don’t access content that they have no business looking at.
Hardware encryption for flash drives
There are various solutions available to secure your data, especially on your computer. However, when it comes to transferring the data using portable storage, it becomes vulnerable and could fall into the wrong hands. However, in the case of flash drives, all is not lost. There are specific models made with data encryption in mind. Various ways can be used to encrypt, both hardware and software. In any case, hardware encryption is considered to be more secure. One form of hardware encryption is through the use of a pin, which has to be entered manually through a keypad.
Best hardware encrypted flash drives with keypad
Here are the top flash drives with hardware encryption using a keypad to lock and unlock.
Apricorn Aegis Secure Key FIPS Validated Encrypted Flash Drive (16GB)
- FIPS Validated 256-bit Military Grade Hardware Encryption
- PIN activated 7-15 digits - Alphanumeric keypad use a memorable number or word for your PIN
- It does not require any software or drivers to be installed and is compatible with PCs, MACs, Linux and embedded systems.
- Its rugged, extruded aluminium, water proof casing is tamper evident and protects it against physical damage
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and embedded systems; Works with any USB/USB On-The-Go devices
Toshiba Encrypted 16GB USB Flash Drive (PFU016D-1BEK)
- Simple plug-and-play operation, works with any computer system with a USB 2.0 port, no external software or drivers required.
- Secure access, PIN activated with convenient onboard keyboard
- Supports Admin and User independent PINs
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified
- Military grade, AES 256-bit CBC Hardware Encryption
Netac U618 Keypad Lock AES 256-bit Hardware Off-line Encryption USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB
- Independent Keypad Lock
- AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption
- Anti-Hack Function
- RechargeableLithium Battery onboard Off-line Encryption
- Encrypted Partition and Normal Partition, 2 Partitions on 1 Drive
Corsair 16 GB Padlock 2 USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- Provides an extensible design that enables Service prioritization for data
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- The country of Origin is China
- Secure 256-bit hardware AES encryption
- Limited 10 year Warranty
Lepin USB Flash Drive Keypad Lock AES 256-bit Encrypted U Disk (Black 32GB)
- ◆Good gift for festival or birthday.Encrypted SSD Hard-Disk Drive, 256 Bit AES Encrypted Technology.
- ◆Easy-to-use : KeyPad lock. Can set up 6 to 15 password, very safe.Protect your sensitive data,privacy.
- ◆Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and embedded systems.
- ◆Auto Lock feature: Lepin Secure Key instantly locks once unplugged from your computers USB port.
- ◆Includes a drive reset feature which clears PINs, destroys the data, creates a new randomly generated encryption key and allows the drive to be reused.
iStorage DatAshur AES 256-bit Pro 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Hardware Encryption
- USB 3.0 - Read/Write Speeds - up to 116/43 MBps
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3, CESG CPA Foundation Grade & NLNCSA (pending)
- Timeout Lock - locks after predertermined amount of time
- Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism
- Drive reset destroys data and recovers use of drive
Make sure to also check out the best hardware encrypted flash drives that have keypads.