Last Updated On: by
Imagine this situation; you have gathered your mates for one last photo before breaking for the holidays. Everyone is smiling ready for the snap, but once you tap your iPhone’s screen…boom! “Cannot take a photo – there is not enough available storage to take a photo.” This situation is not only embarrassing, to say the least, but also frustrating. To avoid such scenarios in future, investing in the best iPhone or iPad flash drive is essential.
An iPhone or iPad flash drive works in a similar way to an external hard disk. In comparison to the iTunes backup, these gadgets are simple to use- all you have to do is just hook up your flash drive to your iPhone and transfer stuff with only a few taps.
There is a variety of iPad or iPhone flash drive to choose from in the market. However, picking the best from the lot can be a little bit challenging. This is where we come in, to give you pro tips and recommendations that will guide you in choosing the best iPhone flash drive.
Best iPhone and iPad Flash Drives 2018
|OMARS Meteorite||USB 3.0 , Lightning connector, Apple MFI Certified, Plug and play||32GB||Check Pricing|
|Silicon Power Dual Interface||USB 3.1, Apple MFI Certified, Exclusive File Management App, Extended Connector, Plug and play||64GB||Check Pricing
|OLALA iDisk||USB 3.0, Lightning Connector, Removable, Storage Device and Charging Cable||64GB||Check Pricing|
|HooToo||USB 3.0, Apple MFI Certified, Free iPlugmate app, Lightning Connector Base, Premium aluminum build, Instant plug-and-play storage||64GB||Check Pricing|
|RAVPower RP-IM005||USB 3.0, Free iPlugmate app||64GB||Check Pricing|
|ZeroLemon iMemStick||USB 3.0, Apple MFI Certified, 2-in-1 Transfer+Charging, Free iMemStick 3.0 app||64GB||Check Pricing|
|iClever||Apple MFI Certified, Friendly BoostStoage APP, Lengthened MFI Lightning Connector, Open TouchID and Password||64GB||Check Pricing|
|SanDisk iXpand||Apple MFI Certified||64GB||Check Pricing|
|iDiskk||USB 3.0, iDiskk Pro App camera to take photos/video, Plug and play||128GB||Check Pricing|
|Gigastone MAX OTG||USB 3.0, Touch ID Allows You to Secure Access to the app, Social Media Backup & Full Access to your Dropbox, Google Drive, and Cloud Drive accounts.||128GB||Check Pricing|
OMARS Meteorite Lightning Flash Drive USB 3.0 32GB (Apple MFI Certified)
- With Lightning and USB 3.0 connector & 32GB capacity - OMARS Lightning memory stick is an easy way to transfer photos and videos between iPhone, iPad and computers. Let you free up memory on your mobile devices without using a cable or iCloud. IMPORTANT NOTE: You could not transfer Music and Video files in iTunes or downloaded by the 3RD APP to the flash drive, as they are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected.
- Excellent Transmission Performance - it makes files transmission much easier on the go. You can transfer a 3GB HD video or Photos in less than one minute.
- Anti-lost Cap Design - creatively makes you never miss the caps of your drive any more. When you take off one cap, it can be attracted on the other one to avoid losing.
- Just plug and play. Document viewer for all major file formats. Manage all your data directly on IOS-Device. Playback the videos/music directly from external memory Stick. Backup and restore your contact list at one click.
- Quality Guaranteed by CE, FCC & MFi (Inside each lightning connector is a tiny authentication chip that tells your device it's Apple MFI Certified. This is important because non-certified, or knock-off lightning connectors can be very dangerous to your device,which can often times get extremely hot, cause damage to your phone, and even render it completely fried and useless).12 Months Worry-free Warranty & dedicated email customer support.
Silicon Power USB 3.1 64GB Dual Interface Flash Drive (Apple MFi Certified)
- PLUG & PLAY design for hassle free storage expansion to your iPhones/iPads
- EXCLUSIVE FILE MANAGEMENT APP - Easily backup files from your iPhone/iPad to the Z50 flash drive (DO NOT support transfer of photos, videos and other files stored in iCloud)
- MULTIPLE MEDIA SUPPORT for easy data sharing between iPhones & iPads and all USB based computers
- EXTENDED CONNECTOR for more user-friendly experience. Just plug in the drive without taking off the iPhone case
- DURABLE & ANTI-CAP LOST DESIGN - The sturdy cap attached to the drive can protect the connector from dust or damage from daily use
OLALA iDisk USB 3.0 64GB Lightning Flash Drive (Apple MFI Certified)
- [Apple MFi Certified Flash Drive with Lightning Connector] Free up space on your iPhone for photos, videos, music and more. Easily transfer content between iPhone, iPad, iPod, tablets and computers.
- [Super Speed Transfer Performance] The USB3.0 write speed: 8-30MB/s, read speed: 32-100MB/s; Lightning write speed: 3-8MB/s, read speed: 15-25MB/s.
- [Removable Storage Device and Charging Cable] OLALA ID200 is not just a memory flash disk, the USB flash stick is 6 inch long, can also be used as a charging cord if you left your charging cable at your home or somewhere.
- [Plug and Play]: No need to install any software on your PC, just plug it into the USB port of computer, then use it! The USB Flash Drive is compatible with Microsoft Win10/Win8/Win7/Vista and Mac OS 10.
- [Beauty and High Quality]: The cable is made from high quality foldable silicone with beautiful candy color, and our iDisk memory cable also has 1 year warranty, it is a good choice as a gift for friends or family members. Let's buy it with confidence NOW.
HooToo iPhone iPad Flash Drive 64GB USB 3.0 (Apple MFI Certified)
- Blazing superspeed usb 3.0 file transfers: AUTHORIZED exFAT, enables you transfer individual files larger than 4GB. Transfer photos/music/movies to and from your computer to USB drive at up to 80 MB/s reading and 30 MB/s writing speed. Lightning port of the iphone flash drive: up to 30MB/s reading speed, 10MB/s writing speed
- Convenient lightning connector base: With authentic Apple MFi certification, 100 of percent compatible with Lightning iPhone and iPad, extra extension of this iPad flash drive means the connector works with most of cases without having to take them off.
- Format-friendly streaming app: The APP iPlugmate supports all major video and music formats so you can stream directly from the pen drive, saving you precious space and time.
- Premium aluminum build and easy to carry: Enjoy durable and superior protection with the full aluminum alloy design that is smaller than your house key and weighs only 0.25 oz. The HooToo iOS flash drive 64GB is convenient with ring to put it on keychain. 18 months of WARRANTY.
- Instant plug-and-play storage: Instantly extend 128GB of external storage space / memory expansion to your iPhone / iPad - take more photos, enjoy longer videos, and do more of everything you love. PLEASE NOTE: 1) you could not transfer iTunes Music and Video files to thumb drive, as they are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. 2) currently not support with iOS 11 beta.
RAVPower RP-IM005 USB 3.0 64GB (Apple MFI Certified)
- FAST TRANSFER & CHARGING: AUTHORIZED exFAT, enables you transfer individual files larger than 4GB. Speedily transfer files between an iOS device and the RAVPower iPhone/iPad Flash Drive; also acts as a charging cable for your iPhone and iPad; Experience up to 80 MB/s reading and 30 MB/s writing speed with the USB 3.0 port
- FORMAT-FRIENDLY STREAMING APP: The free iPlugmate app supports all major video and music formats to stream directly from the drive, then play them on iPhone/iPad at anytime and anyplace; Download the movie and music files directly to RAVPower iPhone lightning flash drive, other than your iOS devices
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DEVICES: MFi certified for 100% compatibility with Apple products, will support nearly all devices with chunky cases thanks to extended lightning connector base
- MORE SPACE: Makes more room so you can save up to 64GB of extra photos and videos on camera roll; take much more photos and videos via "iPlugmate" and save them directly to the iOS flash drive
- OTHER NICE FEATURES: 1)Share documents to the 3rd party. 2)Back up all of contacts and restore to another iPhone. 3) Password and touch ID protection.Please Note: 1) IF NECESSARY, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PHONE CASE FIRST. 2) You cannot transfer media files downloaded from iTunes or other 3rd party apps, as these files are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. 3) currently not support with iOS 11 beta. 4) 18 months of WARRANTY.
ZeroLemon iMemStick USB 3.0 Lightning Flash Drive 64GB (Apple MFI Certified)
- Instant Free up Space: Instantly free up space on your iOs lightning devices by backing up the files onto the iMemStick 3.0 USB flash drive and increase the storage capacity up to 64GB.
- 2-in-1 Transfer+Charging: Makes files transmission between iOs devices and PCs easier on the go and acting as a charging cable whiling connecting the iOs devices to a charger or power bank.
- Amazing Transfer Speed: Transfer photos/music/movies to and from your computer at up to 100MB/s reading and 65 MB/s writing speed. You can transfer a 4GB HD video or Photos in less than one minute. Read/write performance for iOS devices up to 30MB/s and 25MB/s.
- User-friendly APP: The free iMemStick 3.0 app will pop up automatically when the flash drive is connected. Just choose allow to download it from App store, and you can browse contents (images, videos, word, PPTs) on it. Support directly browsing wide range of formats: TXT, PDF, PPT,WORD, EXCEL, JPG, GIF, PNG, MP4, MOV, MP3 and more; Backup and restore your contact list at one click.
- [Apple MFI Certified]Wide Compatibility: Work with latest iOs version.100% compatibility for iPhone 7/ iPhone 7 plus / iPhone SE / iPhone 6s / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s plus / iPhone 6 plus / iPhone 5s / iPhone 5c / iPhone 5 / iPad Pro / iPad 4 / iPad Air / iPad mini / iPad mini 2 / iPad mini 3 / iPad mini 4 / iPod touch 5.Fully compatible with windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Mac OS.
iClever 64G USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Apple MFI Certified)
- More Space, More Memories: Instantly 64GB external storage space let you shoot more photos or longer video without worrying about iphone / ipad filled up
- Plug and Play: Friendly BoostStoage APP supports all major video and music formats, allowing you to enjoy games or videos directly from the iphone flash drive
- Lengthened MFI Lightning Connector: MFI certified Apple lightning connector perfectly compatible with lightning insert iPhone / iPad; Lengthened connector make it easier to plug in bulky phone case
- Durable & Portable: Durable and sleek premium aluminum shields your Flash Drive against impact and scratches; Ultra compact body with a key size
- SECURE & Backup: Open TouchID and Password on setting to armor your data safety; Back up contacts and restore to another iPhone in any time
SanDisk iXpand 64GB Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad (Apple MFI Certified)
- Free up space on your iPhone by moving photos and videos to your iXpand flash
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your camera
- Automatically back up your contacts
- Watch popular video on your iPhone or iPad
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most iPhone cases
iDiskk USB 3.0 128GB iPhone Lightning Flash Drive (Apple MFI Certified)
- ✔【FAST FREE UP SPACE WITH 128GB EXTERNAL STOGRAE】-Just plug in the lightning flash drive, easily move photos, videos and other files off your iPhone or iPad and onto the flash drive, from the drive, you can also transfer these files into your Mac,PC or other devices.
- ✔【WATCH MOVIES DIRECTLY FROM THE FLASH DRIVE】 -Plug and play,enjoy movies or musics stored in the flash drive when you are on trip or travel, most video formats are supported: (VIDEOS: AVI, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, RM, RMVB, TS, WMV, FLV, 3GP; AUDIOS:FLAC, APE, AAC, AIF, M4A, MP3, WAV)
- ✔【AUTOMATIC PHOTO or VEDIO BACKUP】 -Every time you plug the flash drive in, use "iDiskk Pro" App camera to take photos/video ,which will be automatically stored into the flash drive.
- ✔【HIGH-SPEED TRANSFERS WITH USB 3.0】 -Apple Certified flash drive gurantees fast and stable data transfers,one HD movies ( approx. 1GB) only needs about 20s.
- ✔【COMPATIBILITY & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY】 -iPhone 5 5s 6 6+ 6s 6s+ se 7 7+; iPad (iOS 8.0 or higher), Computer OS Support Mac OS X v10.6+, Windows 7/8/10
Gigastone MAX OTG 128GB Flash Drive USB 3.0 (Apple MFI Certified)
- Transfer all your movies, music, photos and documents in both directions between the and your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC, just like a regular USB.
- Carry all Your Multimedia Files with you and Free Up Space From Your iPhone or iPad by Backing Up Your Photos and Videos on to the MAX.
- Social Media Backup of your Facebook, Instagram and Flickr Albums as well as Full Access to your Dropbox, Google Drive and Cloud Drive accounts.
- Backup Your Entire Camera Roll, Contacts and Calendars Straight to the MAX to Make Sure You Have a Secure Copy Right in Your Hand.
- Touch ID Allows You to Protect Access to the app. File and Folder Security as Well as the Ability to Lock your MAX To Prevent Unauthorized Access.
Tips on buying flash drives for iPhone and iPad
The lighting connector is one standout feature on all iPhones and iPads, and Apple looks like that they will stick to it for some time to come. Likewise, most manufacturers of flash drives are adding the lightning connector so that you can connect the drive to your iPhone or iPad.
Nonetheless, it is imperative to check the length of the lightning connector of the flash drive, more so if your iPhone has a protective cover. The best iPhone flash drive should have a lightning connector with an extra say 2-4mm so that you can quickly hook it up without having to remove your iPhone’s or iPad’s protective casing.
Apple MFI Certification
Just because it has a lightning connector, doesn’t make it a viable candidate. For a device to work well with Apple devices, it has to pass Apple’s MFI certification. Case in point the MFI certification provided by Apple themselves to manufacturers who make quality flash drives that adhere to their policies and standards. If you use a product that is not certified, then it might not work, or will give an error when connected to the phone. Click here to read more on Apple MFI Certification.
Read and Write speeds
To get the most out of your iPhone and iPad peripherals, you have to make sure that they offer the best read and write speeds. Our recommendation is to go for at least USB 3.0. Here is a table summarizing the various USB speeds.
|USB 1.0||Low Speed (1.5 Mbit/s)|
|USB 1.1||Full Speed (12 Mbit/s|
|USB 2.0||High Speed (480 Mbit/s|
|USB 3.0||SuperSpeed (5 Gbit/s)|
|USB 3.1||SuperSpeed+ (10 Gbit/s)|
Flash Drive Capacity
Size does matter. When you are choosing a flash drive to back up your iPad or iPhone content it is best you consider the internal memory of your iDevice. Say, for instance, your iPhone has an internal storage capacity of 64 GB, you will need a flash drive of at least the same size or more.
In a nutshell, the best iPad flash drive for you regarding size should have similar storage space or preferably more compared to your iPad or iPhone
Flash Drive App Features
iPhone and iPad flash drives have integrated dedicated apps to improve how you interact with the data stored. These apps pack a great punch of features smart enough to identify various data formats; be it music files, photos you name it.
Before picking a flash drive for your iPad or iPhone, it is essential to check the drive apps it has. A decent app should provide a variety of typical functions, for example, document reading, media format detection and support, backup options, and direct photo capturing and video recording.
Body Build and Material
Flash drives are built with intuitive designs and are lightweight and portable with you can easily hook up to your keychain or slip it in your shirt or back pocket. Plastic and aluminum alloy are standard materials used to build most flash drives.
However, the best iPad flash drive is one made of sturdy plastic or premium aluminum alloy. The reason why you should pick a flash drive made out of those two materials is that they can withstand significant amount of impact and will last a lifetime.